I have this book that covers flatting and photoshop coloring techniques.It's along the lines of the Wonder Woman And Batman Pdfs i shared in google docs, but it breaks things down far more.The other books by Impact are very resourceful as well.I haven't had a chance to go through it's entirety yet but I think this is all i need for now.I also invisted in a book called how to draw the undead.
And a fantasy art book.

On Deviant art you can find some nice Corel Painter tutorials.
-From what I've seen,alot of people flat their picture.(after the lines have been established they apply base colors to the whole.Then use selections and the gradient tool to add shadows and lighting.(often a darker or lighter shade of the base color on different layers.Its usually split into base, midtones,shadows , and highlights.in that order.
Another pointer i heard on shading is that when a line is parallel to another line it usually has the same shading.
I hope that made sense-Josh
No comments:
Post a Comment